Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am a Makeup Artist of 14 years, can anyone suggest a good natural Mineral Makeup company to consult for?

There are so many great companies out there, and I am so overwhelmed. Can anyone suggest a good company, that doesn't have expensive start of fees?I am a Makeup Artist of 14 years, can anyone suggest a good natural Mineral Makeup company to consult for?
I also am a professional makeup artist, I do a LOT of high end clientele. I do photo shoots, weddings etc. I have used so many different brands of makeup and different mediums (liquid, cream, mineral) NEVER USE ANY mineral makeup with BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE it is actually a METAL that has been processed with tin and copper. It is a skin irritant and can cause rash, itching, and in larger doses cystic acne.





Here is my beef with BARE ESCENTUALS......


They are ALL about marketing (whatever you want to hear)


1)Saying NO PRESERVATIVES (very misleading) they DO use preservatives, in their mineral veils and other skincare lines


2)Saying Pure Minerals- they are not as I stated before they use bismuth which is actually a processsed metal and very cheap filler


3)Saying you can sleep in it- No dermatologist would ever recommend you to sleep in any makeup, especially ones with preservatives and bismuth


4)They use cheap fillers (bismuth, cornstarch)-more itchiness and irritation


5)They are overhyped, overpriced for what they are selling you


6)They wear off by mid day (reapply, reapply) and look pretty greasy if you have slightly oily skin (due to the bismuth, I cannot have this with photos as matte photos better)


OVERALL REVIEW- Stay away from BARE ESCENTUALS.








I however do love mineral makeup and use it on my clientele and I have brand loyalty. They do NOT have any start up fees and my clientele buys it everytime I apply it to them cause they love it! I highly recommend FAERIE ORGANIC MINERALS and this is why.........


1)They ARE natural, THEY use NO PRESERVATIVES, No cheap fillers (cornstarch etc) NO BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE


2)Their minerals STAY PUT! They last all day even in some pretty extreme heat


3) Great coverage (redness, acne, etc) light as a feather, airy, natural and yet leaves a healthy glow.


4)They use a high end expensive mineral called BORON NITRIDE (this is used in the highest end mineral brands like Jane Iredale etc)


5) Boron Nitride! It is amazing on the skin. It is known to be antibacterial (actually helps acne when your wearing it), it is skin soothing and a skin perfector and makes your makeup last all day (this is what I look for in mineral makeup)


6)They offer a FREE sample kit so you can try several colors at once (you just pay shipping-like $5.99)


7)Their fair is very Fair and works on the lightest of complexion it blends right into the skin


8)They do NOT use MICRO PARTICLES (you need to look for this as these are very dangerous to your health if inhaled and many companies use them)


9) They do no coat their products (this can also be bad for your skin and dangerous to your health watch for silicone treated or dimethicone etc- very undesirable, especially with acne)


10)They are NEVER cakey, powdery or dull like store brands which are so cheap


OVERALL REVIEW- this is the best I have used after much research and my clientele loves it too. I know you will. Check out their site it has a lot of information and they are very helpful. Let them know you are interested in selling it. http://www.faerieorganic.comI am a Makeup Artist of 14 years, can anyone suggest a good natural Mineral Makeup company to consult for?
Hello, I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay. They have just changed their whole makeup line to minerals. It is not very much to start and the new line is awesome. Here is a link for you to check it out. Good luck on your search.
Bare Minerals
ok, well a good foundation is SheerCover. I use it and it works really good. hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
domain names